Monday, April 04, 2005

 

Booney

Last night the old dude living across the street from me was at it again. Mowing grass in the dark. I think he's off his rocker. If the riding mower had lights on it, I could see mowing after dark. If it was hotter than hay dees , which it is here on the Georgia coast in the summertime, I might consider mowing after dark. Booney, that's what I call him, doesn't have or doesn't use (if he has 'em) headlights on his Murray. So you don't think I'm just being cruel, Booney does other weird suff. He likes to drive his big ol' Caprice around in his yard. I notice it mostly when I'm sitting on the front porch smoking, at night (Miz Patti don't 'llow no smokin' in the house). He drives around to his back stoop, stops, gets out, walks around to the trunk, opens it, closes it, then gets back in the Caprice and drives off through the side yard and up the street. Recently the Boonman cut some trees down in his back yard. They lie (chickens lay, things lie) there for about a week; one night I'm sitting on the porch and he drives around behind his house, does the gettin' out-goin' behind the Caprice thing, and when he heads out across the fescue, he's draggin' a big ol' branch. Pretty clever Boo Rad, drag those limbs over to the edge of the street and the city boys will haul 'em away. Wrong; he proceeds to drag the timber to the grassy knoll that seperates the street. He keeps doin' this for about a week 'till it looks like a brush heap in the median. What's next? You won't believe this, tonight he was up on his roof with a leaf blower. Booney my man, your antenna is pointed to a planet that isn't in our solar system and the reception is damn fine.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]