Tuesday, April 10, 2007

 

Imus In The Mourning

There is a double standard when it comes to “offensive” statements made on the radio. Don Imus, in an ad lib*, called a team of female college basketball players the same thing many black hip hop and rap recording artists’ call black women in the lyrics** of many of their (and I use the term loosely) songs. This “I can, but you can’t” philosophy don't fly.

As soon as I hear some of these thugs apologize for calling women, and I don’t just mean black women, whores and bitches, then I’ll criticize Imus.


*ad lib-free form, top of mind, stream of conscientiousness, unrehearsed, un scripted

**lyrics-words for songs WRITTEN and copyrighted, ergo deliberate and planned


Comments:
that makes sense.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]